Member Registration begins May 11, 2021
Non-Member Registration begins May 14, 2021
GENERAL POOL INFO
• Age Restrictions: All children under the age of 7 must be accompanied by a responsible adult or supervisor. The supervisor must stay within arms reach of the child at all times.
If not, the child will not be admitted into the pool area.
• Inclement Weather Rule: Anytime the outdoor pool is closed due to inclement weather, the indoor pool at BRC will be opened at 1:00pm (Monday through Friday).
• 72 Temp Requirement @ Noon: The outdoor pool will be closed anytime the daily temperature is below 72 degrees at noon. The indoor pool will be opened at 1:00pm if the temperature
is below the 72 degrees (Mon-Fri).
• Empty, Clear Bottles ONLY: No outside food or drink allowed into the pool. You CAN bring your EMPTY, TRANSPARENT water bottles to the pool and have them filled with ice and water at the concession stand for 25 cents each time.
OUTDOOR POOL HOURS
1-5pm Open Swim
5-6pm Adults Only (+Aqua Fitness)
6-8pm Evening Swim
1-5pm Open Swim
SAT, SUN & HOLIDAYS:
1-5pm Open Swim
INDOOR POOL HOURS
MON & WED & FRI:
5:15—7:00am Early Bird Swim
8:30-10am Open Swim
Under 2 years $1
ADULT ONLY SWIM:
$1.00 Member; $2.00 Non member
(If coming for Adult Swim only)
EVENING SWIM: 6-8pm Half Price
(If coming for Evening Swim only)
Members: $1.00 Non-Members $1.50
BURLINGTON AQUATICS CLUB
The Burlington Aquatic Club is entering it’s second season in the league with Lyndon, Overbrook, Osage City and Lebo. If interested in joining, contact us at BRC. Keep up to date by following us on Facebook.
• MWF 7:00am @ Indoor Pool. First practice is June 2nd.
They will have access to practice @ Outdoor Pool from 5:00-6:00pm Adult Swim.
June 19 @ Burlington
June 26 @ Lyndon
July 3 @ Lebo
July 10 @ Overbrook
July 17 @ Osage City
FIRST FRIDAY FUN EVENTS
Help us, help you market your business! If you are a business owner in the City of Burlington, feel free to contact Aquatics Director Justin Logan at the Rec Center to sponsor these pool side events!
• June 4 U.S. Cellular First Friday Fun (1-4pm)
US Cellular will be on hand to add excitement with some great prizes to give away and the first 50 people get in FREE!
• July 2 BRC First Friday Fun (1-4pm)
Multiple pool games will be played for concession deals!
• Aug 6 Coffey Co Library First Friday Fun (1-4pm)
This event will be tied to the Summer Reading
Program so you must be signed up through the
library. More details to be announced!
DECK ART DAY
• Each 2nd and 4th Monday of the month, chalk will be available to decorate the pool deck!
Join us Thursday evenings from 6-8pm for our Throwback Thursday nights! These nights will
feature music played from different decades and guards and concession workers rocking some groovy clothing from those decades!
June 17 50’s and 60’s night
July 15 70’s and 80’s night
Aug 5 90’s and 2000’s night
3RD ANNUAL BRC TRIATHLON
Be sure to mark Saturday, August 14 on your calendar!
Swim, bike and run as an individual or get a team of three together and enter the team triathlon. Coffey County circuit participants can get 3 points if they enter one of the individual triathlons. Team participants get one point. Triathlon will be held on Saturday, August 14! Registration begins at 7:30am.
• Team division must be 3 members for performing entire 1/3 of race.
• Lightning or threat of severe weather postpones/cancels event. NO REFUNDS
• All bikers must wear approved helmet for ride
• Ages 14+ ONLY for all events
Xtreme Division: Starts @ 8am
Swim (500m), bike (10 miles), run (5miles)
Fun Division: Starts @ 8:30am
Swim(300m), bike(6 miles), run (3.2miles)
Team Division: Starts @ 9:00am
Swim(400m), bike(8miles), run (3.2 miles)
DATE: Saturday, August 14
FEE: $30 Indiv (includes T-shirt if registered by July 30)
$60 Team (includes T-shirt if registered by July 30)
WHO: Ages 14+
WHEN: Registration begins at 7:30am
NEW EVENING AQUA W/ LYLLIAN
Tone and sculpt your body with no impact to your joints. This Monday/Thursday outside aqua class will be a blend of cardio and resistance training using noodles and water weights. Any fitness level can get benefits from this class.
• Tuesdays and Thursdays @ Outdoor Pool
• June 15—July 29
• $25 payable to BRC
JUSTIN’S BIRTHDAY BASH
Come help Justin celebrate his birthday at the outdoor pool from 1—3pm with $1 admission!
• Tuesday, June 22—1-3pm
4TH OF JULY BASH
Celebrate this great country with BRC at the outdoor pool! $1 off your regular admission.
Veterans and patrons 55+ are FREE!
• Sunday, July 4th—1-5pm
Celebrate the end of another great year of softball/baseball! All players and family members, coaches and sponsors are invited to be a part of this FUN celebration with $1 admission and $3 meal deals (hotdog/chips/drink)!
• Friday, July 9th— 6-8pm
3RD ANNUAL BURLINGTON SWIM MEET
We host the league’s opening swim meet! The BRC pool looked awesome with bleachers all along the long island with flags across the pool with the lane lines!
Join the swim team to get in on this awesome event!
• Saturday, June 19
LITTLE LIFEGUARD DAY
• For ages 5+. Have a kid wanting to become a life-guard in the future? How about they get to hang out with their favorite lifeguard for an hour and 15mins and learn the basics of being a lifeguard! They will attend a “mock” lifeguard in-service and learn the basic skills of being a lifeguard! Then they will get to show off those skills in the first 15mins of pool being open in a mock rescue with their buddy lifeguard!
• Wednesday, July 21 from 12:00—1:15pm
• Cost: $5
SUPER FAMILY SWIM
Final Sundays of each month, come join us from 6-8pm for our Family Swim! For just $7, a family of 3 gets admission to the pool, PLUS a hotdog, water and chips for each! (each additional family member $2)
• Sunday, June 27 6-8pm
• Sunday, July 25 6-8pm
Deep Water Aerobics
This evening outdoor pool class will be held by Aquatics Director Justin Logan. Join him in the pool for some deep water aerobics and to get a great water workout.
Monday & Wednesday Nights 5:15-5:50pm
July 7-August 11
$25 for the session or $3 Drop-in fee
**NEW** DIVE-IN MOVIE NIGHT!
Come join us for a special movie night at the Outdoor Pool! Bring your own floatie and relax in the shallow end while we show the brand new Space Jam 2: A New Legacy!!
Free popcorn will be provided!!
• July 16 @ 8:30pm
• Admission will be $5
POOL SIDE STORY TIME
Need a break from splashing around in the pool? Join “Poolside Story-Time” with the Coffey County Library, Burlington! Take a short break and hear your favorite story!
• Every Thursday @ 2:50pm (during Pool Break)
Bring your favorite doggy for a dip at the pool. All dogs MUST be on a leash and owners MUST clean up ANY mess their dog leaves. Also, valid proof of shots is required. If your dog shows aggression towards any other dogs or people, you will be asked to leave.
• Sunday, August 15 — 3:30-5pm
• Cost: $5 per family
All basketball campers K-12 are invited to a pool party at the Outdoor Pool! BBQ and fun!
July 30th– 6:00-8:00pm.
Free for all basketball campers K-12
BACK TO SCHOOL BASH
Come enjoy the pool one last time before school starts for $1 admission and concession
stand specials all day long!
• Sunday, August 15, 1-3pm
• Free for Members; $1 for Non-members
Groups or individuals may rent the outdoor pool. There is a two-hour minimum for rental. You must schedule parties with Aquatics Director, Justin Logan. You may bring your own food and non-alcoholic drinks when you rent the pool!
• Must be a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday
• Must be after 6pm
• Member: $375 for a 2 hour party; $180/additional hour
• Non-member: $400 for a 2 hour party; $180/additional hour
PARTY COVE RENTAL
Want to rent our special Party Cove area for your special day? Party Cove features access to the playground, Splash Park, and covered benches. When you rent Party Cove, this area is reserved for your group. You will be required to pay the daily fee for each person in your group in addition to the Party Cove rental fee. You may bring your ice cream and cake into your Party Cove event.
NOTE: The Splash Park will remain open to the public during these rental times.
FEE: $25 for a 2 hour party Member
$35 for a 2 hour party Non Member
These lessons will be offered for pre-school kids from 9 months—3 years.
This will be a parent-child class taught by Aquatics Director, Justin Logan.
Once the child is 3 years old, they will be ready for Group Swim lessons, Level I.
• $15/session/pair Member
• $20/session/pair Non Member
Session A: June 21-25
Deadline: June 16
Time: 10:45 - 11:15 AM
Session B: July 12-16
Deadline: July 7
Time: 5:00 - 5:30 PM
Private lessons are now offered year-round at BRC! To sign up for private lessons, complete a BRC form which shows your availability. Upon receiving your form and payment, AD Justin will match you with an instructor and contact you with date and time! Must be 4 years of age and older for private lessons.
• $60/week for Member
• $65/week for Non Member
Kids ages 3+ are encouraged to sign up for swimming lessons to learn to move through the water with comfort and efficiency. To enroll in group swim lessons, kids must be a minimum of 3 years old. If younger than 3, look into our Tadpole Swim lessons!
• $15/session/person Member
• $20/session/person Non Member
Session A: June 14-18
Deadline: June 9
Session B: June 21-25
Deadline: June 16
Session C: July 12-16
Deadline: July 7
Levels I, IV, V: 10:00-10:30 AM
Levels II, III, VI: 10:35-11:05 AM