PHASED RE-OPENING PLAN
This phased re-opening plan has been developed based off of the State of Kansas re-opening plan and discussions with our Coffey County Health Officer John Shell. This plan will be subject to change based on their recommendations.
PHASE TWO (May 22 – June 7)
– Rec Center will open for adults only. College students shall be the only students who will be classified as adults.
- Staff will make a concerted effort to disinfect multiple times per day.
- There will be a limit of 4 people in each area of the weight room at a time. Will have to consider adding a time limit or a reservation system if people are having to wait for extended periods of time.
- Every other piece of cardio equipment will be shut down in order to maintain social distancing.
- Cleaning supplies will be provided to patrons and they will be asked to help keep everyone safe by disinfecting each piece of cardio or weight equipment before and after each use.
- Fitness classes will be moved into the gymnasium if instructors cannot maintain social distancing for their participants in the aerobics room.
- Youth baseball and softball practices can begin May 26th.
- Indoor pool will remain closed until June 8th.
PHASE THREE (June 8 – June 21)
– Rec Center will be open to everyone.
- Indoor pool will open.
- Re-evaluate all phase two limitations based on Health Officers recommendations.
PHASE OUT (June 22)
- Open outdoor pool to Coffey County residents only. If all goes well we will open the pool to everyone in July.
- Adult and youth baseball/softball games will begin.
YOUTH BASEBALL/SOFTBALL INFORMATION
- Communities involved will be Lebo, Waverly, LeRoy, Gridley, and Yates Center.
- Practices may begin May 26th and games on June 22nd.
- Season will last for approximately 4 weeks.
- We are hoping that all games, boys and girls, will be played on Tuesday and Thursday evening. There may have to be a few exceptions based on field availability.
- All games will be in Burlington and Yates Center. Boys in one town and girls the other on an alternating basis.
- All towns have agreed to pay for all umpire and equipment costs. Meaning that leagues will be free this summer.
- If you have already registered your fees will be reimbursed but you will need to re-enroll.
- Enrollment dates and times will be:
* Friday, May 15th from 10 am - noon and 5-7 pm
* Monday, May 18th from 8 am - 7 pm
* No late registrations accepted
ADULT SOFTBALL INFORMATION
- Women's organizational meeting
* Monday, May 18th at 6 PM
- Men's organizational meeting
* Monday, May 18th at 6:30 PM
- Both leagues will begin games the week of June 15th.
OUTDOOR POOL INFORMATION
- Pool will open on Monday, June 15th for Coffey County residents only.
* $1 per day for all USD 244 residents
* $2 per day for non-residents
* Monday - Thursday
* 1 - 4:30 PM
* 5 - 6 PM (Adults Only)
* 6 - 8 PM (Family Swim)
*Friday - Sunday
* 1 - 5 PM